Thursday, June 16, 2016

My New Tea Set

Last night I went to a card making class which was held at a nearby Goodwill store. I was early so I started to browse while waiting for the teacher to arrive. Imagine my surprise when I found this Chinese tea set!









The set came in a red box.






I wish I could read the writing on the inside of the lid!












This is the teapot.












And there are 6 cups and saucers. The saucers are completely plain.















There's a marking on the bottom. Hopefully it can tell me more about the set. But for now, I'm fairly clueless.













Here is some detail from the lid of the teapot.


I believe this tea set is made of clay and may be a Yixing. I need to do some research! Whatever its story, it's a beautiful little set and I'm happy to add it to my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment