Monday, July 11, 2016

Jasmine Tea Meant for Me...

Last week I reviewed Rhubarb Ginger Tea from TeaPigs.  On visiting the website I discovered a 4th of July sale plus the regular free shipping for orders of $50 or more.  This made trying several of their teas quite economical compared to the price I paid at a local store, so I decided to try six different varieties.  It has been years since I had a cup of Jasmine tea.  I drank it frequently while in college and have no idea why so many years have passed, but the time was right.

This tea exudes a lovely scent of Jasmine upon opening the package.  While brewing it strengthens and never leaves (unintentional pun).  I enjoyed this tea both hot and iced and surprise myself to be leaning toward preferring it iced.  It seemed a bit smoother.

The description of the process for producing this tea fascinated me.  Green tea leaves are wrapped in jasmine petals creating jasmine pearls.  Pictured below, they are tiny black beads moving loosely around in the bag.  In the photo at right, I have shown the brewed tea bag next to the package.  When the flower petals release during steeping, they fill the bag totally.

I then ripped open the bag because the brewed green tea and flower petals are beautiful and look like small flowers.  (See photo below).

The entire experience was a delight from start to finish.  If you enjoy Jasmine Tea, I highly recommend trying Jasmine Pearls from Teapigs.




No comments:

Post a Comment