Sunday, March 20, 2016

Review - Keemun Mao Feng

Keemun Mao Feng is a Chinese black tea. The tea I enjoyed is a Summer 2013 from Anhui, China. It's a staple in my tea cabinet.

 KEEMUN MAO FENG



The Dry Leaf: See how the leaves are rolled? There is a warm, slightly smoky aroma here.













The Wet Leaf (After Steeping): The aroma is quite warm. I got a scent of caramel and some boiled veggies.

I actually took this photo after my third steep. 











Liquid: Isn't that a gorgeous color?! The taste is slightly smoky with dark fruit and caramel. There's a slight astringency at the finish.










Iced: Lighter in color, but still a glorious chestnut amber color.

Scent: The smokiness is there, but dark fruits hit the nose more.

Taste: The smokiness is more pronounced here, as is the astringency. While good iced, this tea loses some of the nuances of its flavor. I prefer it hot.

1 comment:

  1. I have renewed my interest in tea. Laura Childs' books started it, but reading Karen Owens blog and receiving emails from various tea companies made it a passion. Thanks for a great blog. Have you tried "Brace the Day" from Beekman 1802? It is bold and delicious.
    kat8762@aol.com

    ReplyDelete